About the position
UGE Philippines seeks an energetic and innovative engineering interns to assist our team throughout the commercial solar design-build project lifecycle. This internship is an excellent opportunity for engineering and technically oriented students to gain practical and real world experience in the rapidly growing solar industry. Students will work closely with our project development and implementation teams based in Cebu City, Toronto, and New York City. By the end of the internship, students will have acquired knowledge on commercial solar system design, commercial facility load analysis, site assessment and optimization based on real world conditions. Most importantly, they will learn how to work as part of an innovative, international team in a rapidly growing and changing marketplace.
Successful candidates will apply technical knowledge gained from their coursework, in order to learn the engineering fundamentals of solar system design, implementation, and operation. This position requires candidates to learn quickly the systems and software used by UGE’s engineering teams, including design standards, equipment specifications, and best practices to perform the tasks both in office and on site.
- Assist with site visits for UGE’s existing and future clients. The site visits are primarily for collecting relevant roof/ground information and details of electrical infrastructure on site
- Track documents, records, checklists, relevant information and complete various office tasks
- Assist in following up with permitting applications or requirements for LGUs and clients
- Document daily meetings, providing project updates/tracking progress, and noting potential changes or modifications with local installation partners, equipment manufacturers, distributors, site supervisors and clients during project execution
- The candidate is expected to maintain constant communication with his supervisor and colleagues, which may involve conference calls or email communication outside normal business hours
- Assist with various tasks during project execution from start to finish
- Interest in pursuing a career in renewable energy, with special interest in solar
- Existing solar PV system knowledge base.
- Preferably 3+ years university engineering studies
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office products
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to interpret CAD layout and Electrical Diagram
- Ability to work independently and manage own tasks
- Motivation to go above and beyond the assigned tasks
UGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment or internships without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
We are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.