About the position
The Regional Director leads the establishment, development and growth of profitable new business within the region through developing business and key relationships. This will be a cross functional role, responsible for identifying and closing business opportunities, as well as, setting up business operations to allow for successful project completion.
Reports To: Vice-President, Global Marketing and Sales
Develop solar projects by:
- Establishing deep understanding of local energy policy in key markets, with a focus on C & I solar
- Executing interview-based primary research with regulators, financiers, partners, and potential customers to understand local market conditions and competitive landscape
- Developing new business leads and opportunities through cold calling, conferences, networking and referrals
- Tracking all sales-related activities within Salesforce
- Qualifying prospect opportunities: target market, scale and responsiveness
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key and prospective clients
- Conducting analysis of customer’s electrical usage and financial ROI
- Auditing sites for PV solar installation suitability, including cost considerations, environmental limitations, structural limitations, etc.
- Generating project proposals and quotes for customers
- Presenting complex data and concepts in a manner that is intuitively understood by customers
- Building, managing, and closing sales pipeline through signed contracts and tracking versus annual budget
- Develop and work with outside sales agents and through other channels to source deals
Collaborate with other UGE departments (e.g., Engineering, PM, marketing, legal) to:
- Facilitate successful project execution
- Create marketing collateral necessary for success
- Create tools to optimize the sales and marketing process
- Translate success across other key market areas
Professional representation of UGE to source prospective partners and customers
- Speaking engagements
- Other forums
Regional business management
- Create local business infrastructure to allow for successful, efficient project execution
Proficiency in MS Office software
Basic technical understand of solar power
Excellent communication skills
Business management competency
UGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment or internships without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
We are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.