About the position
As UGE expands rapidly in the Philppines, we require high quality project managers to deliver projects on time and on budget, from pre-contracting to commissioning.
Reporting to the Director – Project Management and Regional Director – Philippines, the Project Manager is responsible for technical and financial project management as it pertains to the development, design, construction and commissioning of rooftop and ground-mounted solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Additionally, the Project Manager will have responsibility for client and stakeholder management on a per-project basis.
The Project Manager, along with assigned engineers and designers, will utilize a wide array of technologies and approaches to design optimal performing solutions for their clients. Additionally, the Project Manager will have the task to conceive and implement key process improvements for UGE’s design and project management environment. The Project Manager will contribute to the best practices development of the engineering and project management teams.
- Responsible and accountable for project-based engineering, project management and design-build work
- Responsible for project-related client and stakeholder management
- Work directly with clients and construction teams
- Manage subcontracts for structural, geotechnical and civil design services on multi-disciplinary projects
- Manage team in project general contracting efforts, including procurement and management of subcontract installation resources
- Manage the creation, delivery and maintenance of all project artifacts, including documentation and drawings, permits and approvals
- Provide leadership on the continuous improvements in project designs, plans, processes and product deployment
- Actively support business development activities as required
- 4 to 7 years of experience in technical industry as an engineer or project manager
- Minimum undergraduate University degree in applicable domain
- Experience with electrical power distribution systems and/or renewable energy project implementation is a significant bonus
- Experience in large-scale construction and/or infrastructure industries
- Experience in working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams in an active, highly-technical, pressurized, time-sensitive environment
- Experience in utilizing project management best practices (PMP designation or formal PM designation is an asset)
- Demonstrated experience in performing financial analysis, tracking, budgeting, and resource planning
- Interest in working in a small, highly effective team
- Willing and able to communicate with team members based in North America outside typical local working hours via phone/skype/email/app
- Must be self-driven, highly motivated & able to work without supervision
- Ability to multi-task & manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills, including complete mastery of English language
- Strong demonstrated stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Process oriented, with a demonstrated ability and passion for driving efficiency and optimizing delivery of technical work product
- Exceptional problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with methodical decision making
- High degree of attention to detail & follow-through
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle for local business travel is required
- Willingness to travel as necessary. Majority of travel will be within Cebu Province and Metro Manila
UGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment or internships without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.