UGE: Live on set!
Last week, a camera crew from Hawkes Media Group dropped by to do some filming at the Urban Green Energy headquarters. It was exciting to have our office transformed to a live set for a few hours!
The purpose of the filming was to create several videos to accompany the best selling business textbook, Small Business Management (Longenecker) published by Cengage Learning. The videos will be included on a DVD that's shipped with the book and posted online for university professors and their students.
UGE will be featured in a section of the textbook that focuses on "Global Opportunities for Small Business." The film crew held interviews with several staff members including CEO and Co-Founder Nick Blitterswyk, the VP of Engineering, and other relevant staff members to learn about:
- How the company started and how it's evolved through today.
- The challenges, successes, and mistakes of expanding sales to 50 countries.
- UGE's presence in China.
- Global communications with international constituents and clients.
- The basic forces prompting small firms to engage in global expansion.
- Our global strategy.
- International business resources.
- The potential for small firms as global enterprises.
And to also shoot video of the office on a typical workday and meetings between staff members who communicate with global constituents.
The segments filmed last week, along with videos of the UGE factory, will be included in the Urban Green Energy case study for the book. We hope that students who read the text are able to learn from our experiences. We can't wait to see how the video and case study turn out!
Thanks for the fun opportunity, Hawkes Media Group!
Click here to learn more about the textbook!
Written by Scott